Cucumber, Mint and Feta Salad
Harness the power of the cucumber in this superfood salad. There are so many health benefits to gain by adding cucumbers into your diet. We love them for their cool refreshing taste too. The combination of mint, feta and fresh lime juice really brings this simple salad to life. This go to recipe is a summer time favorite at Foxy Cuisine. As the temperatures rise, you can cool down with this recipe. It only takes a couple minutes to make which is huge time saving bonus. It's also calorie friendly.
PREP TIME: 20 Minutes COOK TIME: 20 Minutes
- 1 Large Cucumber - 47 Calories
- 1/2 Cup Feta Cheese, Crumbled - 198 Calories
- 1/2 Cup Mint Leaves, Chopped - 8 Calories
- 2 Tbsp. Olive Oil - 238 Calories
- 2 Tbsp. Fresh Lime Juice - 8 Calories
- 1 tsp. Lime Zest - 1 Calories
- 1/4 tsp. Sea Salt - 0 Calories
- 1/2 tsp. Ground Red Pepper - 3 Calories
SERVES 2: 252 Calories per serving
- Chill 2 small salad plates in the freezer while preparing this recipe.
- Wash and dry cucumber. Cut into thin angled slices. Place the slices in a salad bowl.
- Add feta cheese, lime zest and chopped mint to salad bowl. Lightly toss.
- In a small bowl add olive oil, lime juice, salt, pepper and whisk to make a vinaigrette.
- Pour over the salad and toss thoroughly. Serve immediately on chilled plates.
- For a surprising twist create a Bacon Bowl and fill them with this salad.