Berry, Berry Chocolate Ice Cream Cups
Chocolate lovers enjoy! This Foxy Cuisine Original is a decadent dessert and a special way to treat yourself and others to a delightfully sweet experience. We're using dark chocolate, but milk or white could also be substituted based upon your pallet preference in the luxurious world of chocolate.
PREP TIME: 30 Minutes COOK TIME: 10 Minutes COOL TIME: 1 Hour
CHOCOLATE CUP INGREDIENTS
- 3.5 oz. 90% Cocoa Dark Chocolate - 588 Calories
- 6 Tbsp. Foxy Cuisine Mixed Berry Jam or Store Bought Jam.
- 6 Blackberries - 18 Calories
- 2/3 Cup Vanilla Bean Ice Cream - 175 Calories
- 1 Tbsp. Heresy's Chocolate Syrup - 45 Calories
- 3 Tbsp. Jam Syrup for Drizzle.
INGREDIENTS WHIPPED CREAM
- 1/2 Cup Heavy Cream - 411 Calories
- 1 tsp. Vanilla - 12 Calories
- 1 Tbsp. Granulated Sugar - 45 Calories
SERVES 6: 200 Calories per Cup
Note: The recipe shown here was done with frozen thawed fruit and raw cranberries. Substituting with canned or fresh is also acceptable but it will change calorie content. If canned drain excess juices.
- Use a cupcake or muffin pan and line with 6 paper baking cups. Break up chocolate into small pieces and evenly distribute among the 6 cups. Add 1 Tbsp. Foxy Cuisine Mixed Berry Jam and 1 fresh blackberry to each cup.
- Set oven to lowest setting about 170 degrees. Once oven is warm, turn off oven, wait 2 minutes then add the pan to the oven. Bake 10 minutes to allow the chocolate to melt and infuse with the mixed berry jam and blackberry. This is a much easier and neater way to melt chocolate for this recipe. You also won't lose any of the yummy chocolate due to transferring from one pan to the cup.
- Remove the cups from oven and let cool for about 10 minutes.
- In a small bowl mix 2/3 cup of vanilla ice cream and 1 Tbsp. of mixed berry jam. Spoon the ice cream into the cups. It will melt and spread across the cup. Add a drizzle of jam syrup and Hersey's chocolate syrup on top. Then freeze the cups in the baking pan for about 60 minutes.
- To make a fresh whipped cream add ingredients in a chilled bowl and blend with a whisk or hand mixer until fluffy.
PRESENTATION: Remove a cup from the freezer. Peel away paper baking cup and place the Berry Chocolate Ice Cream Cup on a chilled plate. Pipe or dollop on some fresh whipped cream to each cup and drizzle a touch mixed berry jam juice on top. You can pick them up and eat the chocolate cup with your hand or feel free to use a fork.
FOXY CUISINE MIXED BERRY JAM: This jam recipe was featured in our tribute to the English Scone. To see the recipe click on the image below: