Sunny Side Up Eggs with Potatoes
Breakfast is served. 🌞 Good morning world! Here's a bright and cheerful dish that will wake up your tastebuds.🍳🌿🍋 This recipe might look long, but it's technically three elements being brought into one amazing breakfast. Presentation is key to this dish. But the surprising elements of ginger and garlic really make the potatoes stand out in flavor. The mixed greens with a touch of lemon add a nice freshness and acid to the meal. Once topped with two wonderful sunny side up eggs, you'll be glad you started your day with this Foxy Cuisine recipe.
PREP TIME: 10 Minutes COOK TIME: 30 Minutes
SUNNY SIDE UP INGREDIENTS:
- 2 Large Eggs – 144 Calories
- 1/2 tsp. Parsley Flakes – 1 Calories
- 1 Coating of Canola Cooking Spray - 14 Calories
- 1 Russet Potato, Unpeeled – 135 Calories
- 1 Tbsp. Olive Oil – 119 Calories
- 1 tsp Ground Ginger – 6 Calories
- 1 tsp Sea Salt – 0 Calories
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder – 10 Calories
- 1/2 Cup Chopped Mix Greens – 5 Calories
- 1 Tbsp. Lemon Juice – 3 Calories
- 1/2 tsp. Course Ground Black Pepper – 3 Calories
SERVES 1: 440 Calories as Shown
- Cut potato into 1/2" Cubes.
- Heat a medium sized non-stick pan on medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Add the olive oil to coat the pan.
- Add diced potatoes and salt. Cook for 10 minutes. Stirring occasionally.
- Add ground ginger and garlic powders. Cook for 10 more minutes.
- Reduce heat and keep potatoes on warm while eggs and mix greens are being prepared.
MIXED GREENS DIRECTIONS:
- Take mixed green salad and roughly chop.
- Add to small mixing bowl with lemon juice and pepper.
- Lightly toss and set aside until ready to plate breakfast.
SUNNY SIDE UP DIRECTIONS:
- Heat a medium sized non-stick skillet on medium-low for 5 minutes. Coat the pan with cooking spray.
- Gently crack eggs one at time into pan. You can have them come together or crack far enough apart in the pan to be separate.
- Cook until the white is opaque and the yolk has set. This takes about 2 minutes.
- Remove skillet from heat and begin presentation instructions.
- Remove warm potatoes from pan and add to the center of a medium sized plate.
- Top with chopped mixed green salad.
- Slide the eggs from the skillet on top of the bed of potatoes and salad with a spatula.
- TIP: Spraying spatula with cooking spray helps the eggs slide onto the plate with greater ease.
- Garnish eggs with parsley flakes.