Tiger Prawn over Spaghetti Aglio E Olio
Spaghetti nights are family nights at the Foxy Cuisine headquarters. The simple delight of fresh tomatoes and basil elevate this dinner. However, the show stopper is the giant tiger prawn in the center. It's a simple way to add some serious drama on the plate. The sauce is an Aglio E Olio which means garlic and oil in Italian. It's a traditional Italian pasta dish, coming from Napoli but the huge yummy prawn is the Foxy factor on this beautiful bed of pasta perfection.
PREP TIME: 20 Minutes COOK TIME: 20 Minutes
- 16 oz. Spaghetti Noodles – 1,692 Calories
- 6 Giant Tiger Prawns – 450 Calories
- 7 Tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil – 833 Calories
- 6 Garlic Cloves, Minced – 24 Calories
- 1/2 Cup Fresh Basil Leaves, Chopped – 2 Calories
- 3 Roma Tomatoes, Diced – 105 Calories
- 1/2 Cup Parmesan Cheese – 216 Calories
- 1 1/2 tsp. Salt - 0 Calories
- 1/2 tsp. Black Pepper - 3 Calories
- 1 Tbsp. Lemon Juice - 7 Calories
SERVES 6: 553 Calories per Serving
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add 1 tsp of Salt. Add pasta. Cook pasta for 12 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare tiger prawns. Butterfly each prawn down the middle and add to baking sheet with parchment paper or lightly greased.
- Sprinkled on 1/2 tsp of salt and pepper. Blend 1 tablespoon of olive oil and the lemon juice in a small container and drizzle over the top of the prawns. Put prawns in oven and cook for 10 minutes. Keep warm until plated.
- Drain pasta and add back to pot on low heat. Add olive oil, garlic and tomatoes. Toss and let warm for 3 minutes.
- Plate pasta. Add a prawn in the center of each plate. Sprinkle on fresh basil and parmesan.