Salted Caramel Chip Cookie with Maple Glaze
The salted caramel chip cookie with maple glaze is one of those recipes where two unique and flavorful sweet combinations collided by accident. It was a moment of looking into the Foxy Cuisine pantry and noticing the caramel chips and syrup bottle happened to be side by side. Lucky for our followers they were because even though the caramel cookie by itself is amazing, when you add the maple glaze it truly elevates the status and taste of this recipe.
PREP TIME: 15 Minutes COOK TIME: 12 Minutes COOL TIME: 35 Minutes
- 2 1/4 Cups All-Purpose Flour - 1,026 Calories
- 1 1/2 tsp. Salt - 0 Calories
- 1 1/2 tsp. Baking Soda - 0 Calories
- 3/4 Cup Granulated Sugar - 580 Calories
- 3/4 Cup Brown Sugar, Light - 622 Calories
- 1 1/2 tsp. Vanilla Extract - 18 Calories
- 1 Cup Unsalted Butter, Softened - 1,627 Calories
- 2 Large Eggs - 140 Calories
- 1 Package of Salted Caramel Chips (11 oz.) - 1,300 Calories
- 1/2 Cup Powdered Sugar - 234 Calories
- 1/4 Cup 100% Maple Syrup - 210 Calories
NOTE: Foxy Cuisine was lucky enough to be able to use SMD Pure New Hampshire Maple Syrup in this recipe. To learn more about SMD's seasonal 100% real maple syrup visit their Facebook page at: https://www.facebook.com/SMDMapleSyrup/.
TIP: If you cannot located salted caramel chips, Kraft's caramel bits can be substituted. You may also consider buying whole salted caramel cubes and chopping them into bits.
GLAZE TIP: For a thicker glaze use more powdered sugar for thinner glaze add more syrup or water a teaspoon at a time.
Yields 24: 240 Calories per Cookie
- Preheat the oven to 350°F
- Mix flour, salt, and baking soda in medium sized bowl. Set aside.
- In another large bowl, beat sugar, brown sugar, vanilla extract and butter until creamy.
- Add eggs and beat again. Then slowly add in dry ingredients until thoroughly mixed.
- Stir in 3/4 bag of salted caramel chips.
- Make 24 cookie balls from dough. Slightly form a cookie shape from each ball and place onto an ungreased cookie sheets about an 3/4" apart.
- Use two cookie sheets and place 12 cookies per sheet.
- Using the remaining salted chips, slightly press 8-10 caramel chips into the top of each cookie.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes until golden. Remove from oven. Let cool for 5 minutes before transferring to a rack or plate.
- Let cookies rest 15-20 minutes before making and adding maple glaze.
- Mix powered sugar with maple syrup in a small bowl or cup. Use a spoon to drizzle over each cookie.
- Let glaze set about for 5-10 minutes before serving.