Popcorn Chicken Salad
A Foxy Cuisine Original this lovely salad was born out of having too much spinach and extra chicken thighs around the house. Many of life's greatest creations are born out of an unplanned opportunity. This dish would be an example of using what you have to make something special. Enjoy!
PREP TIME: 20 Minutes COOK TIME: 25 Minutes
BAKED POPCORN CHICKEN INGREDIENTS:
- 3 Skinless Chicken - 225 Calories
- 2 Tbsp. Heavy Cream - 102 Calories
- 1/3 Cup All-Purpose Flour - 150 Calories
- 1/4 Cup Italian Bread Crumbs - 110 Calories
- 1 Tbsp. Italian seasoning - 10 Calories
- 1 tsp. Garlic powder - 10 Calories
- Cut thighs into bite sized nuggets.
- Soak chicken bites in heavy cream for 10 minutes.
- Combine flour, bread crumbs, herbs and garlic powder into a large plastic bag.
- Toss 6 to 8 chicken pieces in the bag, shake to coat, remove and place on a baking sheet covered with parchment paper.
- Bake at 425 degrees for 25 minutes.
- 2 Cups Spinach Leaves - 14 Calories
- 1/2 Cucumber, Sliced - 23 Calories
- 1 Can Mandarin Oranges - 72 Calories
- 1/2 Cup Shredded Red Cabbage - 14 Calories
- Juice from 1 Can of Mandarin Oranges - 20 Calories
- 1/4 Cup Pomegranate Red Wine Vinegar - 8 Calories
- 2 Tbsp. Water - 0 Calories
- 1 tsp Sea Salt - 0 Calories
- 1 tsp Cracked Pepper - 6 Calories
- 2 Tbsp. Olive Oil - 238 Calories
- 1 Tbsp. Italian Seasoning - 10 Calories
- Add all the salad dressing ingredients in a small bowl.
- Whisk for 1 minute. Wait 5 minutes to allow flavors to blend.
- Re-whisk prior to serving over salad.
SERVES 3: 338 Calories per serving
- Place the salad ingredients, baked popcorn chicken and dressing into a salad bowl. Lightly toss and serve.