One Pan Orzo Pasta
Many of us have the following moment: You want to make something, but it’s been a long day. You don't have much time and you sure as heck don't want to do a bunch of dishes. This orzo pasta meal will do the trick. It’s delicious. It only takes 30 minutes to make. It is under 450 calories, filling and you'll only need to use one pan to make it.
PREP TIME: 5 Minutes COOK TIME: 25 Minutes
- 4 oz. Mild Ground Sausage - 340 Calories
- 1 tsp. Olive Oil - 40 Calories
- 2/3 Cup Orzo Pasta - 420 Calories
- 1 tsp. Garlic Powder - 10 Calories
- 1/2 tsp. Black Pepper - 3 Calories
- 1 1/2 Cups Chicken Broth - 30 Calories
- 2/3 Cups Frozen Peas and Carrots - 50 Calories
- 1 Tbsp. White Vinegar - 0 Calories
- Dash of Crushed Red Pepper - 0 Calories
- 1 Tbsp. Fresh Basil Leaves Chopped - 0 Calories
SERVES 2: 447 Calories per Serving
- Brown sausage on medium for 8 minutes.
- Add olive oil, black pepper, garlic powder and orzo pasta. Cook for 3 minutes.
- Add chicken broth. Stir and cook for 4 minutes.
- Add vinegar and the peas and carrots. Stir and cover with lid.
- Reduce heat to low and cook for 10 minutes or until orzo is tender. Serve in small bowl.
- Top with red pepper and basil.