Italian Herbs Pizza Crust
Making a pizza crust takes time, but the taste is completely worth it. This recipe brings that delivery quality right to your home. It also adds Italian seasoning and garlic powder into the dough to add a flavorful zest into every bite. When it comes to pizza, 90% of its perfection is related to the crust. If you nail the crust recipe, anything you put on top will taste even better. When you put in the effort to make a pizza from scratch, the last thing you want is to have all those tasty toppings like cheese, meats and sauces to go on top of a rock or a gooey mess. The goal is to add your favorite toppings on a bed of perfection. Below is a Foxy Cuisine recipe to create a large hand tossed pizza crust.
PREP TIME: 2 Hour COOK TIME: 20 Minutes
- 1 Package Fast Acting Dry Yeast - 21 Calories
- 2 tsp. Granulated Sugar - 32 Calories
- 1 1/2 Cups Warm Water - 0 Calories
- 2 Cups All-Purpose Flour - 890 Calories
- 1 1/2 tsp. Sea Salt - 0 Calories
- 3 Tbsp. Olive Oil - 357 Calories
- 2 Tbsp. Italian Herb Seasonings, Dry - 24 Calories
- 2 Tbsp. Garlic Powder - 64 Calories
SERVES 6: 234 Calories per Slice (Crust Only)
- Heat oven to lowest setting and then turn it off.
- Get two large ceramic bowls. Lightly grease one bowl with olive oil. Add all dry ingredients to the second bowl and stir until blended. Add in olive oil and warm water to dry ingredients. Mix dough with your hands for 10 minutes until the dough can be form into a ball. Place dough ball into greased bowl and cover with a damp cloth. Place in warm oven for 60 minutes to rise.
- Remove bowl from oven. Punch down dough. Take dough ball out of bowl. Place on a floured flat surface and rework and knead the dough with floured hands for 5 minutes. Place dough ball into greased bowl and cover with a damp cloth. Place back in warm oven for 30 more minutes for second rise. Remove bowl from oven.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Punch down dough again. Take dough ball out of bowl. Place on a floured flat surface and rework and knead the dough with floured hands for 5 more minutes. For those who know how to continue to stretch the dough with your hands, do so and form the hand tossed crust.
- For novice pizza makers, you begin the process of hand tossing the ball of dough back and forth between your hands with fingers fully spread to start opening up the dough to the air. It’s this process of letting the dough breathe while forming the crust that enhances and creates the taste we’ve come to know and love. You can roll the dough, but give the hand tossing a try first. There are a lot of great videos on pizza tossing 101. It’s also fun!
- Place the crust on a pizza pan. (Use a ceramic baking plate if you have one.) Dress with your favorite toppings.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes. Remove from oven, cut into 6 slices.