Ham and Potato Soup
When we think of comfort meals, hearty soups like Ham and Potato fit the bill. The flavorful baked ham and sweet onions will fill the entire house with that country farm kitchen aroma. All your senses come alive when you make a soup and wait for it to cook. This one is not made with cream and because of that every spoonful is packed with that 100% baked ham sensation, while the potatoes and onions just keep you going back for more.
PREP TIME: 20 Minutes COOK TIME: 60 Minutes
- 1 Lb. Baked Ham, Cubed - 1,104 Calories
- 3 Md. Yukon Gold Potatoes, Peeled and Cubed - 360 Calories
- 6 Cups Chicken Stock - 120 Calories
- 1 Lg. Sweet Yellow Onion, Chopped - 60 Calories
- 1/2 Cup Sweet Green Onion, Chopped - 16 Calories
- 2 Cups Frozen Peas and Carrots - 158 Calories
- 2 Tbsp. Fresh Lime Juice - 8 Calories
- 1 tsp. Lime Zest - 1 Calories
- 1 tsp. Ground Red Pepper - 6 Calories
SERVES 4: 459 Calories per serving
- Place the ham, potatoes, stock, yellow onions and pepper in a medium sauce pan with lid.
- Stir and set stove to medium low. Cook with covered lid for 45 minutes.
- Add peas and carrots, lime zest and juice. Cook for another 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Ladle into a soup bowl and top each serving with fresh chopped green onions.