Chicken Lo Mein
This classic Chinese dish comes from the Cantonese word lōu mihn meaning “stirred noodles”. The Foxy Cuisine twist to this recipe is to oven roast the three chicken thighs. These thighs were marinated in soy sauce, Chinese 5 spice powder and ground ginger prior to dicing them and adding the chicken into the stir fry. Oven roasting the thighs really allows the flavor of the spices in the chicken to stand out. The skin is then used as crunchy chicken cracklings on top.
PREP TIME: 20 Minutes COOK TIME: 45 Minutes
- 16 oz. of Lo Mein Pasta - 1,550 Calories
- 3 Chicken Thighs with Skin - 750 Calories
- 1/4 Cup Soy Sauce - 34 Calories
- 1 tsp. Chinese Five Spice Powder - 10 Calories
- 1 Tbsp. Ground Ginger - 18 Calories
- 1 Cup Sliced Sugar Snaps - 26 Calories
- 2 Cups Red Cabbage, Shredded - 44 Calories
- 2 Cups Bean Sprouts - 16 Calories
- 1/3 Cup Soy Sauce - 45 Calories
- 1/2 Cup Pasta Water - 0 Calories
- 1/4 Cup Rice Vinegar - 11 Calories
- 1/4 Cup Sesame Oil - 482 Calories
- 1/2 Cup Green Onions, Chopped - 16 Calories
- 2 Garlic Cloves, Diced - 8 Calories
SERVES 6: 502 Calories per Serving
- Set oven to 375°F. Place chicken thighs in a small baking dish.
- Marinate chicken in 1/4 soy sauce, Chinese 5 spice powder and ginger for 10 minutes.
- Bake chicken for 20 minutes. Remove chicken from oven and let rest 5 minutes.
- Reserve skin, place skin back into baking dish and oven to crisp for 5 minutes. Remove, let cool and slice for crackling.
- Dice up chicken thighs and set aside until pasta is ready.
- Fill a large deep pot with water and bring to a boil
- Add lo mein noodles and cook for 12 minutes or until tender. Save 1/2 cup of pasta water. Drain noodles.
- Meanwhile prepare a large pan or wok for stir frying on medium low heat. Add sesame oil and garlic.
- Add chicken, sugar snaps, cabbage and bean sprouts. Stir and cook for 3 minutes.
- Add in half of the cooked pasta with the rice vinegar and soy sauce. Stir.
- Add remaining pasta, water and stir to blend taste throughout.
- Plate and top with chopped green onions and chicken cracklings.