You can design a lightly breaded butterfly baked shrimp plate in a matter of minutes. Butterflying creates the illusion of larger shrimp, a change in texture when you bite and adds tremendous presentation points. When you serve with fresh lemon wedges and a spicy cocktail sauce, the flavor combination creates an extraordinary experience. The shrimp may be small but your guests raving will be large.
PREP TIME: 10 Minutes COOK TIME: 10 Minutes
- 12 Large Shrimp, Uncooked with Tails - 120 Calories
- 1 Tbsp. Olive Oil - 119 Calories
- 1/3 Cup Italian Bread Crumbs - 140 Calories
- 1/2 tsp. Salt - 0 Calories
- 1/2 tsp. Black Pepper - 3 Calories
GARNISH AND SAUCE INGREDIENTS
- 1 Large Lemon, Cut into 4 Wedges - 17 Calories
- 1/4 Cup Fresh Italian Parsley, Chopped - 1 Calories
- 2 Tbsp. Mayonnaise - 188 Calories
- 1 tsp. Cayenne Pepper - 0 Calories
- 1 Tbsp. Horseradish - 7 Calories
- 2 Tbsp. Ketchup - 38 Calories
SERVES 2: 317 Calories per Serving
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Butterfly shrimp. Place shrimp in mixing bowl. Add olive oil, salt and black pepper. Gently toss until blended.
- Put bread crumbs in a large plastic bag. Add shrimp and shake until evenly coated.
- Add bread shrimp to a lightly greased or parchment covered baking sheet. Cook for 12 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare sauce. Thoroughly mix mayonnaise, cayenne, horseradish, and ketchup.
- Remove shrimp from oven. Add sauce to center each plate. Plate shrimp and lemon wedges around the sauce. Sprinkle on fresh parsley.