Bread Pudding with Bananas and Raisins
The Foxy Cuisine kitchen had a bunch of stale bread and a couple super ripe bananas. Many great things can be made from bread and bananas. This bread pudding is definitely one of those recipes that goes with the saying, “Waste Not Want Not.” This creation is extremely delightful in taste. This bread pudding is served warm. It’s yummy, spongy and bursting with flavor. If you haven’t tried a bread pudding like this, you’re in for a treat!
PREP TIME: 1 Hour and 30 Minutes COOK TIME: 50 Minutes
- 3 Slices Pumpernickel Rye - 240 Calories
- 3 Bakery Style Hamburger Buns - 360 Calories
- 1 Ciabatta Roll - 190 Calories
REMAINING PUDDING INGREDIENTS:
- 3 Tbsp. Butter, Melted - 306 Calories
- 1 Cup Raisins - 434 Calories
- 2 Ripe Bananas - 210 Calories
- 4 Eggs - 280 Calories
- 2 Cups Milk - 292 Calories
- 1/4 Cup Granulated Sugar - 194 Calories
- 1/4 Cup Light Brown Sugar - 209 Calories
- 1 Tbsp. Ground Cinnamon - 19 Calories
- 1 Tbsp. Ground Nutmeg - 37 Calories
- 1 tsp. Vanilla - 12 Calories
- 2 Tbsp. Light Brown Sugar - 90 Calories
- 1/4 Cup All-Purpose Flour - 114 Calories
- 1/2 tsp. Ground Cinnamon - 3 Calories
- 1 tsp. Ground Ginger - 6 Calories
- 2 Tbsp. Butter, Softened - 204 Calories
SERVES 8: Calories per serving 400 with 2 tablespoons of Heavy Cream 504
- PUDDING DIRECTIONS: Cut bread into medium sized cubes. Add large bowl or rectangular baking pan. Drizzle melted butter over bread. Mixed with hands to distribute butter and sugar evenly over the cubes.
- Transfer to large ceramic pie dish. Blend in 3/4 cup of the raisins.
- In a blender, combine eggs, milk, bananas, cinnamon, nutmeg, and vanilla. Blend on low until well mixed.
- Pour over bread, and lightly push down with a fork until bread is covered and soaking up the egg mixture.
- Top with remaining 1/4 cup raisins. Cover with plastic wrap and let soak in fridge for 1 hour. Remove from fridge.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Make crumble topping recipe.
- Mix crumble topping ingredients in small bowl with a fork until completely combined into a crumbled texture.
- COOKING INSTRUCTIONS: Sprinkle crumble topping over bread pudding. Bake in the preheated oven for 45 – 50 minutes.
FOXY TIPS: You can tell when it is ready if the top will spring back when lightly tapped with a spoon. Serve warm. You may also wish to pour warm milk or heavy cream on top.
NOTE: Shown in this recipe is a combination of 3 slices of pumpernickel rye, 3 bakery style hamburger buns, and a ciabatta roll. However, you can use a bunch of any old bread that you have in your house. Six to seven slices or rolls of anything will do.